1. What are the perks of volunteering for shifts?
• You get to shop before the pre-sale, therefore having first dibs on those great bargains!! For example, if you need a high chair, and there are 3 of the same type, you can get the one for $15 instead of the others that might be marked higher, like $25 or $30.
• You also get to shop in a calm, uncrowded environment. You can make a pile of your purchases somewhere in the store, label it with your name, and then continue to shop without lugging it around with you or worrying that someone might take your items.
• Check out lines are short and efficient.
• Three shift workers receive a $50 gift certificate to use at the next sale. There are also drawings at each shift level, including the grand prize of a $300 refund!!
• Three shift workers get to shop the Blessing Closet.
• Please our worker page for all the details.
2. Who is required to sort?
Everyone who chooses a 6 hr shift is required to sort- whether you choose 1, 2 , or 3 of these shifts.
3. What if I have a conflict and cannot make it to sort?
You can let us know and then sign up for an extra 4 hr shift sometime during the sale. This will make up for you being unable to sort.
4. What do I need to bring with me to work?
You will need to dress in comfortable shoes and clothing. We suggest wearing layers so that you can easily adjust to the temperature in the building. You will also need to bring any snacks, meals, or drinks that you might need while working. Finger foods and snacks are best as we usually continue to work while we snack.
5. How do I sign up?
Go to the registration page, login in to your account, and click on “volunteers”. You will see the chart of available shifts. Simply sign in on the ones that you would like to work. Here is the way it works:
• 1 four hour shift only= shop at 1:00 on pre-sale day (no sorting shift required)
• 1 six hour shift, plus required 4 hour sort on the last day= shop at 10 am on pre-sale day
• 2 six hour shifts, plus required 4 hour sort on the last day = shop at 5 pm the evening before pre-sale
• 3 six hour shifts, plus required 4 hour sort on the last day= shop at 3 pm on the day before the pre-sale and receive a $50 gift certificate to use at the next sale. You will also be entered into a drawing to get a refund on your entire Encores purchase, up to $300.
6. Can my kids or husband work for me?
Yes! We love to have husbands on site to work! You can also bring your child with you to work a shift as long as they are 13 yrs old or older. Teens 17 and older can come without a parent. Their shifts will count towards your total, or they can work their own shifts if they are interested in coming to shop early as well. Just let us know!
7. Are there other ways to shop early other than working on site?
Yes! You can barter tables for us to use at the sale. We also barter for numerous other goods and services. Just let us know what you have to offer, and we will see if we can make a deal. Things we have bartered for in the past include office supplies, gift cards, movie tickets, concert tickets, sporting event tickets such as Titans or Predators, vacation time shares, airline points, eye doctor services, dental services, massages, spa or hair salon services, embroidery, photography, lawn or house care services, etc. Be creative and let us know what you might want to barter in exchange for early shopping!!